JOYFUL HOME INTERNATIONAL – NGO is a rebirth from a mother company called JOIN HANDS INTERNATIONAL COMPANY LIMITED which was founded on 28th February, 2008 and legally registered at the Registrar General on 17th February, 2014 in Ghana by Mr. Andrews Bamfo Ampofo at the age of twenty-nine (29)
This idea came to being as a result of experiencing and witnessing the heaviest earthquake that strikes in China in 2008 with a magnitude of 7.9 in Sichuan Province where I was living in the premises of South Western University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) by seeking for greener pasture being my first country in Asia. I found myself sleeping in tents at hockey pitch, football field, basketball courts fields, long and table tennis yard and other isolated places which were more comfortable, far and convenient exempting from those high rising buildings falling on me. There were also times where heavy rain fall drove me to find a place to stand and even spend the night regardless. Also there were other times when I felt like coming back home but thinking of the money borrowed from home and had to pay back and in addition too I had no money for my air ticket back home and it had already expired. At certain time I became fed up having sleepless night outside and decided to go back to my room to spend the night. The only safety precaution measures I took were to turn a bottle upside down on the very edge of an available table in order to make me alert in case there were any shakings and also slept with my ears very attentive to my surroundings of any noise just in case. The falling of the bottle would give me a sign to move out of the room immediately to avoid buildings collapsing on me.
I had a lot of passion for people irrespective of their age and background due to how many lives were lost and being fed by the assistance of the rescuers in the country. It is a day of reckoning in my life which had a continuous impact and effect of me within a period of a year when entering into any high rising building. Many death cases were recorded internationally. This great and strong passion was the precursor to the very genesis of this Origination. This was to help the handicapped people, less privileged and the poor who could not have a daily square meal which I witnessed and wept over certain issues and try to assist others even though I had no money but the little consultation in my communication to have many consoled and encouraged was to make them believe all hope wasn’t lost. I remembered the law that gave a citizen to give birth to one was changed after this disaster. This was because most old age parents who had one ward lost their beloved and their welfare became a bigger problem on the government and even if the government could do, it would incur additional cost in the government coffers. In addition, those who also lost their parents at that time became a bigger problem as well as others in different cases not mentioned.
In that tragedy, everyone experienced one minute silent in China to mourn the dead and also the physically challenged people. It was the saddest hour, day, month and year in the whole of China in 2008.
The following are activities to be carried out by JOYFUL HOME INTERNATIONAL to achieve its aims and objectives.
1. Mobilization of the less privileged in various communities and organize informal education for them on how to establish their own business by using their own resources together with the some funds that will be given to them.
2. The organization will provide the platform for the discussion of current issues and views affecting less privileged.
3. The organization will run training programs for the community members on sustaining their businesses and personal health hygiene.
4. The promotion of gender issues and empowering less privileged in all spheres of development.
5. The organization will provide consultancy services in all aspects of human development.
6. Linking with other organizations, national and international, for exchange of information.
7. The organization will develop materials on types of local business in various communities